Charlie Kirk shared his top 10 street photography tips at our Istanbul Street Photography Workshop:
1. Take risks, take difficult photos, take many photos.
2. Think before you take portraits.
3. Know your light, know your camera, know your focal length.
4. See the photo before you raise your camera.
5. Seek or create clean backgrounds.
6. Look 3 meters and further away, anticipate with your feet.
7. Shoot what is interesting irrespective of the place.
8. Don’t get in each others photos. Don’t take the same photo as someone else.
9. If you find a good spot, wait. Be patient.
10. Shoot head on. Don’t be scared.